Sunday, August 31, 2008

Vacation

Cody and I went on vacation to California--It was great! Grandma Corki was kind enough to watch the Coopinator for the 5 days we were gone so we could have some time to ourselves. We did quite a bit, in short detail here it is:

  • Flew into Oakland, went to the Great America theme park
  • Drove around the Bay and into San Francisco and across the Golden Gate Bridge--All I could think about was the intro to Full House!
  • Drove north to Vallejo and went to Discovery Kingdom--6 Flags
  • Drove all the way down Los Angeles--toured around Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica. This part was really fun for me, however, there were no celeb sightings. :(
  • Went to Magic Mountain--6 Flags in Santa Clarita. This was by far the best theme park. Some of the rides were absolutely crazy!
  • Drove down to San Diego and toured around--went to La Jolla Beach. This beach was the definition of a "California Beach" except that it was only about 75 degree and everybody was still swimming, crazy if you ask me.

That was in short detail our vacation. It was really a lot of fun. With how busy life gets, it was very nice to catch up with each other again! We rented a car to do all the driving--a Chrysler Sebring convertible. I'm sorry, but I don't think the whole convertible thing is for me. I will remember the rats that I had to get out of my hair forever, so painful!

Here are some pictures from our vacation--

Ya, we were way under dressed--it was freezing at the Golden Gate Bridge!

This is the opening to the Santa Monica Pier. By the way girls--Santa Monica/LA would be a great place for us to have a girls weekend (or week)!

On La Jolla Beach--How Californian are we?! What dorks :) Funniest story ever--we were driving around La Jolla, a trendy beach town with the top down in our car. Cody had taken his shirt off, regardless of the 75 degree weather, to try and fit in at the beach. As we were driving, a pleasant local driving past us yelled, "PUT A SHIRT ON!" to Cody. I about died!

3 comments:

joy said...

Surely, he laughed as well!! Those darn locals never let you just do yor thang, do they?
Vacation sounds wonderful!
Jealous!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun! I am jealous of a little trip with no kiddos! I agree, Cody- put a shirt on!

Unknown said...

your husband is hot