Sunday, August 31, 2008

The End of Summer

So the end of summer is here. School started on the 27th, so I had to teach for three days--it felt like a whole week. Everything seems to be going well so far; it seems as though I have a good group of kids again. Of course, they are on their best behavior for the first week. I'll wait to make the call until about mid September! It's nice to be back at work so that I have a schedule, but I already miss being able to go out and about whenever I feel like it.

Here are some recent pictures to close out the summer (with the weather we've been having the last couple of days--60's, summer is gone)...

Trying to keep up with my garden this year was tougher than I thought. I thought that Cooper would be old enough to just play outside and I could do my thing...partly true, except that he wanted to get into all my things:

He always started with clothes on outside, I promise!

This is after we got back from our vacation...I swear, I picked all of the zuchinni on the plants before we left! Either Cooper is really small or these zuchinnies are huge. I'll let you decide.


2 comments:

joy said...

Seriously? You need to help me start a garden. Those look amazing!!! Let's see a full picture of the garden.

Tami said...

I've seen your veggies first hand and I've never been so impressed. What's in the soil? Magic?

What happened to the long summers where we'd play barbies and ponies well into the night and summer lasted for what felt like a year? Guess we grew up, huh? Fortunately we get to watch our kiddies enjoy our old endless summers. Can't wait!

Glad the school transition is going well for you!