Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Sacrifices We Make...

So I bought Cooper a mini swimming pool for his birthday. It sat on the table, in it's box, for about two weeks. I kept passing by it thinking, "I'll get to that tomorrow." Well, I finally got to it. Not having a handy-dandy air compressor or pump, I had to manually inflate the pool. Yes, I blew the whole thing up by my own breath. After nearly passing out four times and almost an hour later... my sacrifice of finally blowing up the swimming pool was this...

(don't watch it if you get queasy, just listen)


Oh my gosh, the sacrifices we make for our children! I'd say it was WELL worth the time it took to blow up that dang swimming pool! Cooper and I were outside all afternoon. He LOVES being outside. If Cody or I open a door we have to watch for Cooper bolting to get out. It makes my heart so full to see him have so much fun. It didn't matter that the water was really cold--he went right in with not one whimper! In the video I was throwing his koosh balls into the water and splashing him. He thought it was the funniest thing ever! I'm putting some more pictures up of him in the water. Also, there are some of him after swimming, when we were just outside wandering around. We have a ramp on our back deck instead of stairs--I think we walked up and down it about 100 times!

Is it possible that life can get any better?!

I'm soooooo happy!

C'mon Mom! It's nice in here!

I feel like I'm floating...


I love being outside!


Swish!

Do I have to go to bed?Okay, enough with the pictures...of course, this blog is for me to blab on and on and on!

3 comments:

joy said...

Okay he is like a spittin image of Cody. I can't believe how big he is. So he's walking everywhere already? Wow.

Tami said...

It's so fun to see you as a mom, especially since I also get to hang out with the wild animal you've always been. It's like a two for one. Is there anything better than watching your baby laughing and enjoying life?

Lisa said...

Stacey! I just found your blog. Yeah, now we can still keep up with each other and our kids when we move. Thanks again so much for coming over the other night. It was great to have some adult interaction!