Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Having Fun

Have you ever had soooo much fun that you can't stop yourself and go to bed? This was Cooper's big debacle in the picture. He was having so much fun driving around in his car that we actually had to drive into his bedroom to pick up Snuggles (his most treasured blanket). On our way back from picking up Snuggles, he all but fell asleep at the wheel!

Speaking of having sooo much fun... As a mom, I still find myself being able to kick back and relax and have some good fun that doesn't include Fisher-Price, Little Tikes or Leap Frog. Of course I have so much fun with my baby and husband; there is no doubt that they are my whole life. But occasionally, the fun I'm talking about is when I get a babysitter and get to spend an evening with my girls that consists of food, drinks, dancing, and some darn good conversation! Being able to have times like these are possible when two things happen... 1. Husband or Grandparents are kind and wonderful enough to babysit and 2. I have THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD!!! Tami, you said it right when you were talking about us married ladies being on the dance floor. I will pay anyone a million dollars to show me someone, anyone, who had more fun than us on Friday night! The one problem with having so much fun in public, for me, is that I tend to make a fool out of myself with my Elaine-type dancing, idiotic faces and voices, hyena-type laugh, and general oddness. If sacrificing my ego, pride or whatever you want to call all of those things put together is the one sacrifice I have to make to have a good time like I did--I'll make that sacrifice every dang time!

I look forward to many more years of good times.

4 comments:

joy said...

Yeah Brownlee!!! Looks great! I'm so jealous of last FRiday! Are you coming down on the weekend that I'm visiting? YOu better!!!

joy said...

hey- great analogy! BTW....are you planning another? This fall? Jump on the band wagon! (chant)Do it! Do it! Do it!

joy said...

hey- great analogy! BTW....are you planning another? This fall? Jump on the band wagon! (chant)Do it! Do it! Do it!

Tami said...

Absolutely adorable! I cannot believe he actually fell asleep on the way. My heart has offically melted. And your presence is anything but an embarassment. All those female bambinos would give anything to live up to your status. Never a dull moment with you...